In order to search the SLU Libraries Catalog (or other Library Catalogs) from within EndNote, you must get the connection file, if you did not download all catalog connection files when installing EndNote.
Open EndNote and go to
Edit-->Connection Files-->Open Connection Manager
If you are using EndNote X4, X5, X6, or X7, you may need to click "Get More on the Web" http://endnote.com/downloads/connections to find St. Louis U or another library catalog of interest. Only 100 are provided with EndNote X4, X5, X6, or X7, unless you selected "Custom" when installing EndNote. That option allows you to select additional connection files, styles, and filters.
Once at the Web site, search for the file you need. For example, St. Louis University or Marquette University.
Click the button for the file you need.
For PCs - Select Open with and the file opens in EndNote. Then in EndNote, click File-->Save as-->name your file
- Select Save File-->Navigate to Users/yourname/Documents/EndNote/Connections folder-->Save file there.
In your EndNote connection files, select and open St. Louis U. Check that Connection Settings-->Server Address is libcat.slu.edu. Edit if necessary as shown below. If you had to edit, rename the edited file as SLU Library Catalog.
Using this Connection file will now work (2/15/2010) on the SLU wireless, and from off campus on wired or wireless connections.
Get the correct SLU Catalog connection file. SLU_Catalog
1. Click on SLU Catalog link above. File downloads into Downloads folder.
2. Move the SLU_Catalog.enz file to your Applications-->EndNote-->Connections folder
1. Unzip the above file and save in My Documents-->EndNote-->Connections.
2. Open the SLU Catalog folder that is created.
3. Cut the file - SLU Catalog.enz - and paste it directly into My Documents-->EndNote-->Connections