Due to the many approaches to Printmaking, finding books on the type of printmaking you are looking for can be less straightforward than some other subjects. The following terms are good to use when search the Library Catalog.
- Prints - History
- Prints - Technique
- Intaglio Printing
- Monotype Engraving
- Linoleum Block-Printing
- Wood Engraving
If you are not sure what type of printmaking you are looking for, the following titles are good places to start learning about and researching the subject.
- Robert Adam and Carol Robertson, Intaglio: Acrylic-Resist Etching, Collagraphy, Engraving, Drypoint, Mezzotint: The Complete Safety-First System for Creative Printmaking, 2007.
- Julia Ayres, Monotype: Mediums and Methods for Painterly Printmaking, 1991.
- Royden Card, Relief Printmaking: Woodcut and Linocut, A Manual, 2005.
- Linda C. Hults, The Print in the Western World: An Introduction to History, 1996.
- Gabor Peterdi, Printmaking: Methods Old and New, 1971.
- John Ross, The Complete Printmaker: Techniques, Traditions, Innovations, 1990.
- Donald Saff, Printmaking: History and Process, 1978.