Pius XII Memorial Library has a large collection of books on all manner of sculpture. You can browse and search our collection through the Library Catalog. The following terms can be helpful in focusing your search on a specific area of sculpture or ceramics you want to explore.
- Art Pottery
- Ceramic Materials
- Ceramic Sculpture
- Pottery - 21st Century
- Pottery Craft
- Sculpture, Modern - 21st century
- Sculpture and Catalogs
The following books are a great place to start if you are not sure where to start your search or just want some recommendations.
- Mark Del Vecchio, Postmodern Ceramics, 2001.
- Emmanuel Cooper, Contemporary Ceramics, 2009.
- Ziggy Hanaor, ed, Breaking the Mould: New Approaches to Ceramics, 2007.
- Mimi Obstler, Out of the Earth, Into the Fire: A Course in Ceramic Materials for the Studio Potter, 2000.
- Lester Richter, American Shino: The Glaze of a Thousand Faces, 2001.
- Philip Rawson, Sculpture, 1997.
- Andrew Causey, Sculpture Since 1945, 1998.
- Glenn Harper and Twylene Moyer, eds, Conversations on Sculpture, 2007.