APA Guidelines for the Undergraduate Psychology Major
A 2006 report by the APA Board of Educational Affairs Task Force on Psychology Major Compentencies. Identifies ten achievement goals and potential related learning outcomes for undergraduate psychology students--the first five goals pertain to the science and application of psychology, and the remaining five to liberal arts education as related to psychology.
Includes lists of accredited programs, as well as a plethora of information about the accreditation process, such as criteria and procedures.
National Research Council Study on U.S. Psychology PhD Programs (1995)
Quality ranking of programs based upon results of the study.
Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC)
See also the APPIC Internship Matching Program
Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB)
Association of psychology licensing boards in the United States and Canada.
Monitor on Psychology
Available online from January 1998-date. Searchable from home page or browsable by issue (http://www.apa.org/monitor/browse.aspx). Some recent graduate education-related articles:
- Dynamic duos Volume 36, No. 5 May 2005
- Things I wish I'd learned in grad school Volume 36, No. 1 January 2005
- Number of psychology PhDs declining Volume 35, No. 2 Februrary 2004
- Debating the doctorate's future: Education or vocational training? Volume 33, No. 6 June 2002
- Preparing students for more than research [Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) Program] Volume 32, No. 11 December 2001
- Women mentoring women Volume 31, No. 10, November 2000
- The growth of the new PhD Volume 31, No. 10, November 2000
- The postdoc trap Volume 31, No. 5, May 2000
- The student union: Where are all these students coming from? Volume 31, No. 2, February 2000