You can set up a library catalog account (*different from your Illiad account). Once you log in to your library catalog account, you can search the catalog, save your search, select the titles of your choice, renew the checked-out books online, and many other features.
To set up a library catalog account, click on My Account on the top-right the library online catalog.
Saint Louis University has three libraries: Pius XII Memorial Library, Omer Poos Law Library, and Medical Center Library. The three libraries share the same library online catalog system (see below). You can use library online catalog to search all the collections, both in print and electronic, that any or all of three libraries collect, which include books, journals, databases, and media materials, etc.
The chat box appeared on the right side of the catalog page provides you another way to contact librarians for questions. When the "Available" green sign showed up on the top left corner of the chat box, you could simply type your question in the yellow area at the bottom. In order to separate the chat box from the page where you start chatting with librarians, click on the green arrow icon located at the lower right corner to pop up the chat box to a new window. Then, when you are chatting with librarians, the chat box will not be lost while you are surfing other webpages.
Find a book in a local SLU library
1. Medical Center Library's home page http://lib.slu.edu/mcl -> Click on drop down menu Research on the middle top of the page -> click on SLU Library Catalog
2. Search the catalog by title, author, subject, or keyword from the drop down list of choices of View Entire Collection, Pius Library, Law Library, Medical Center Library, etc.
3. When you find a book, make note of its current status (checked out or available), library location, and call number.
4. Go to the appropriate library to retrieve your book on the shelf and check it out at the library's circulation desk with your SLU ID.
* What if the book is at the Locust Street Library Facility? You may request books using the REQUEST button in the SLU Libraries Catalog.
Find a book in the MOBIUS catalog system
What if the SLU Libraries don't have the book you need? More than 60 academic libraries in Missouri share a catalog system called MOBIUS.
When you locate the book in MOBIUS, click the REQUEST THIS ITEM link and follow the instructions.
Use InterLibrary Loan (ILL) service to request a book that is not available in MOBIUS
If the book is not available in MOBIUS, use Interlibrary Loan to request the book.
* Watch a tutorial about how to find books