Respondus 4.0 is a tool for creating and managing quizzes/exams that can be printed to paper or directly published to a Blackboard Learn course at Saint Louis University. Note that it is a different product than Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor.
How to Get the Respondus 4.0 Software
For a University-owned computer: Contact the IT Service Desk to request Respondus.
For a personal computer: Follow the instructions on the ITS Software Downloads page.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or above
- Memory: 32 MB RAM minimum
- Hard Disk Space: 10 MB of free hard disk space for program files
- Monitor: 1024x768 or 1280x720 minimum resolution
- Blackboard Access: Instructor or TA access to each Blackboard course you wish to create tests in.
- * Mac OS X users can run Respondus using Windows emulation software. There is no native Mac version of Respondus.
- Installation Password valid until July 31, 2021: Y2107I654535705R48adbbc619946759
Exporting from Respondus Manually and Importing into Blackboard Learn
We have had so many issues with authentication in the Respondus 4 Publish Wizard that we are now recommending a much simpler workaround which bypasses the server configuration and allows you to export a Respondus test file as a zip to your computer and then upload it from within Blackboard. The video below shows how it is done.
Respondus 4 Text Export and Import to Blackboard
Training and Tutorials
- Respondus 4.0 User Guide (PDF)
- Learn how to create and format questions with Respondus, including how to add images and equations.
- Video Demos for Respondus 4.0
- This page has several videos showing how to use Respondus to create test questions, import questions from a Word doc, publish to a Blackboard course and more.
Need Help? Support for Respondus
Contact the ITS Help Desk at 314-977-4000, or the ATC team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated 9/23/2020 by TCR