Here is the process for finding a specific article. In this example, we will look for an article in the 2007 volume of the journal Social Work Research.
1. First check the E-Journal Portal to see if SLU Libraries provide online access to the journal. Enter the journal title into the search box.
Results from the E-Journal Portal will look something like this.
|from 03/01/1994 to present in Academic Search Premier|
|from 03/01/1995 to present in CINAHL Plus with Full Text|
|from 2000 to present in IngentaConnect|
2. In this case we have access to the 2007 volume of Social Work Research through three different providers. You can click any of the links to access the article.
3. If the journal you need is not available online, your search in the E-Journal Portal will say
"0 records retrieved for the search"
If this happens, check the SLU Libraries catalog to find out if the Library has the journal in print.
4. If the library has the journal you need in print, use the call number to locate the journal in the stacks.
5. Many older (pre-1999) print journals were moved to the Locust Street Library Facility (LSLF). If you need an article from one of the journals located at LSLF simply fill out an ILL form and the article will be scanned and delivered to you electronically the next day.
6. If the Library does not have access to the volume of the journal you need online or in print, then use Illiad Interlibrary loan to request the article.
Open the Interlibrary Loan page
First time users:
You will need to set up your own user name and password.
Click on "new user" and fill in the user profile. In the future, you will just enter your ILL user name and password.
Request an article through Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If you want to request an article that is not available through the SLU Libraries, click on the "article" link in the request section on the menu on the left side of the page and fill in the form with information about the article and click submit.
Your article will be delivered to you via email. It can take as long as 3 days to get an ILL request.
You also use ILL to request articles from older print journals located at SLU's Locust Street facility. Articles from print journals owned by SLU will be scanned and sent via email within 24 hours.