Skip to Main Content
Getting Your Hands on Books
- Search the SLU Library Catalog by title for a specific book or by keyword (example, fads) or subject (example, Popular culture -- United States) for books on a topic.
- Write down the Call Number and Location and go find it.
- If you do not find what you need, expand your search to MOIBUS by clicking on link.
- If you find the item in MOBIUS and it is requestable, click Request link, enter your name, your Banner ID (Example: 000123456), the cluster from which you want to pick up the item and the library where you want the book sent for pickup.
- If MOBIUS does not have what you need, place an Interlibrary Loan for the book.
Getting Your Hands on Articles
- For a "known" article, begin by searching the SLU Library Catalog or SLU E-Journal Portal by Title of Journal.
- Browse the resulting list of issues for the journal to find the article OR search within the specific journal, if that option is available.
- If the journal is only in print and SLU owns, write down the call number, and go to the shelf to retrieve the needed volume.
- For articles on a topic, begin by searching a database such as Academic Search Premier, Nexis Uni, or a subject database such as America : History & Life, Historical Abstracts, Humanities International Complete.
- Use button or link from within databases to get to Article Linker to help locate article.