How do I locate a book in the stacks?
- After you find a book in the catalog, check its current status (checked out or available), library location, and call number.
- Write down the call number or [Note: Text Message unavailable until further notice]
- Use the location guide to find out where that call number is located in the library. Can't find it? Ask for help at the Access Services or askSLU desks.
- Go to the appropriate floor to retrieve your book and check it out at the library's circulation desk (opposite Einstein's) with your SLU ID. You can request the book but it takes about 24 hours for the book to be retrieved so it is faster if you get it yourself.
- You can also have books sent from the Law Library and the Med Center Library to Pius Library for pickup. Just click the request button.