SLUth - Search Plus Use Tips
- Use quotes when searching a phrase.
- Limit to "Scholarly/Peer Reviewed" or "Catalog Only" as desired.
- Refine your search using "facets" (date, source type, subject, author, language, geography, database, etc.)
- Notice the database with the most "hits" for your topic and search it in its native interface.
- To see the results from the five databases that are searched via "federation", check the box next to each one for which you want to see the results.
Try out SLUth - Search Plus Advanced Search
About SLUth - Search Plus
SLUth - Search Plus begins with a single search box on the SLU Libraries homepage
Above is a non-working image of what SLUth - Search Plus looks like with "Search" tab selected on the homepage.
From this single search box, SLUth - Search Plus to search across a large selection of library resources, including journal, magazine, and newspaper articles indexed in databases; and journal titles, books, ebooks, dvds, and government documents that are shown in the SLU Library Catalog. Special collections materials will be added shortly.can use
SLUth - Search Plus can help you
- search books and articles from many databases along with the contents of the SLU Library Catalog to locate materials on your topic
- show you which database may be the best database to search for your topic
- find resources on a topic in many different subject areas
What resources does SLUth - Search Plus include?
SLUth - Search Plus retrieves items from the SLU Libraries Catalog and the Saint Louis University Libraries Digital Collection, along with results from a number of popular databases such as Academic Search Complete, Business Source Premier, JSTOR, Scopus, Web of Science, and LexisNexis Academic Law Reviews. All of these are searched simultaneously. Click below for