Birren, J.E., & Schroots, J.J.F. (Eds.). (1999). A history of geropsychology in autobiography. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
[BF 724.8 .H57 1999]
- Benjamin, L. T. (Ed.). (2006). A history of psychology in letters (2nd ed.). Malden, MA: Blackwell.
[BF 95 .B44 2006]
- Excerpts of key correspondence from major players, placed in historical and social context by the editor.
- A history of psychology in autobiography.
[BF 105 .H5]
- An important 9-volume series having various editors and publishers. Pius has vols. 1-3
(Murchison), 4 (Boring, et. al.), 5 (Boring & Lindzey), 7-8 (Lindzey), and 9 (Lindzey & Runyan).
Note: Portions of volumes 1-3 are available online via
Classics in the History of Psychology
- Strack, W., & Kinder, B. N. (Eds.) (2006). Pioneers of personality science: Autobiographical perspectives. New York: Springer.
[BF 109 .A1 P56 2006]
- Thompson, D., & Hogan, J. D. (Eds.). (1996- ). A history of developmental psychology in autobiography. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
[BF 713 .H57 1996]
- Walker, C. E. (Ed.) (1991- ). The history of clinical psychology in autobiography (Vols. 1-2). Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole.
[RC 466.8 .H57 1991]
- Yancy, G., & Hadley, S. (Eds.). (2005). Narrative identities: Psychologists engaged in self-construction. London; Philadelphia: Jessica Kingsley.
[BF 109 .A1 N37 2005]