You will want to use a citation manager. EndNote is free via SLU!
- EndNote is a citation management software that can make it easier to keep track of your research and to create properly formatted citations and bibliographies for your research projects.
- EndNote allows you to:
- Save references and PDFs from databases
- Cite articles in the body of your paper in APA format
- Create your APA formatted reference list at the end of your paper
- Downloading EndNote
- Close ALL programs, particularly MS Office and Google Dashboard resources. If you have been using a personal Google and/or Office 365 account, you may want to clear your cache and cookies.
- Use Chrome or Firefox (Do Not use Safari when working with EndNote!)
- Log into Okta and open Google Dashboard
- Go to the ITS Software download site:https://www.slu.edu/its/downloads-and-discounts/ and follow the link for EndNote.
Download the EndNote 20.zip file and Save that EndNote 20.zip file/folder to your computer.
Extract, if needed
Click on the EN20Inst.msi file to install the program. This should open the EN Installer which will walk you through the installation process. When it asks for Typical or Custom installation, select Typical.
If during the installation it asks for a product key, an error has occurred and you need to start over with Downloading, Saving, and Extracting the .zip file. There is no product key for SLU.
- Don't save EN libraries to cloud services or network drives--the EN Libray may become corrupted. Save to a local hard drive or jump drive.
- There are 2 parts to an EN library: .enl file and .Data folder--both must be kept together!
- Do not use EndNote to access and search databases.
For more help with EndNote: https://clarivate.com/webofsciencegroup/support/endnote/